What is Cement? History Chemistry Industries|all free information

What is cement

What is Cement
What is Cement

Cement, one of the most essential constructing materials, is a binding agent that units and hardens to adhere to constructing devices such as stones, bricks, tiles, etc. Cement usually refers to a very satisfactory powdery substance particularly made up of limestone (calcium), sand or clay (silicon), bauxite (aluminum) and iron ore, and might also consist of shells, chalk, marl, shale, clay, blast furnace slag, slate. The uncooked elements are processed in cement manufacturing vegetation and heated to shape a rock-hard substance, which is then floor into a satisfactory powder to be sold. Cement blended with water motives a chemical response and varieties a paste that units and hardens to bind character buildings of constructing materials.

Cement is an vital phase of the city infrastructure. It is used to make concrete as properly as mortar, and to invulnerable the infrastructure via binding the constructing blocks. Concrete is made of cement, water, sand, and gravel combined in particular proportions, whereas mortar consists of cement, water, and lime aggregate. 
These are both used to bind rocks, stones, bricks, and different constructing units, fill or seal any gaps, and to make ornamental patterns. Cement combined with water silicates and Aluminum, making a water repellant hardened mass that is used for water-proofing.

Who discovered cement

The most important material to build a house is limited, it is very difficult to build a house without cement. In the olden times, clay was used to build houses and even today, clay is used elsewhere, but mainly cement is used the most because cement is the strongest material. Cement is used only to make bricks and to reinforce concrete. If cement is mixed with water, it will be used for some time. It will be useful after that, it will become very strong and if you apply cement with concrete and inter, it also makes them strong.
The cement's real name is Portal Cement and the portal is not a brand or company name; It is called simply portal cement in the language of Portland.

History of cement

The history of cement is very old because ancient civilizations had already used such materials in building construction, but in eighteenth-century Britain, the need to build lighthouses on rocks to prevent the loss of ships, cement at that time. The use of was exposed. happened

First, in 1824, Joseph Aspadin patented Portland Cement He built it from clay and limestone. It was made of concrete, so it was called Portland Cement because Portland Chun looks like stone, and in 1845 Ashes Johnson in Portland Cement. Designed for modern use

Johnson used the same material to make Portland cement, which we now use, today different quality cement is made and many companies produce cement under different names.

How is cement distributed?

Firstly, the raw materials used to make cement are transported from calcium, silicon, iron and aluminum mines to factories. When the raw material is brought inside the factory, it is not pure and there is calcium inside the limestone and silicon. Iron and aluminum are inside the sand

These are then thoroughly cleaned and a powder is prepared. Generally, limestone is 80% and the remaining 20% ​​is clay. This raw material is then grinded by machines and a powder is prepared and heated to 1500 ° C.

And then there is a chemical reaction between the compounds of calcium and silicon dioxide, then the cement is formed and then the cement is cooled and then it is heated once inside the machine and then cooled. It is packed in a bag of about 20-40 kg and given to you.

Types of cement

Cement is not of any kind, the raw material used in it and the quality is many according to usage and capacity. One type of cement cannot be used everywhere, has good quality and good capacity in many places. Cement has to be used, such as the construction of bridges and the construction of large buildings. Good quality cement is required, but low capacity cement is also used in many smaller locations, which have a lower grade, so they are used. Cement is made of various quality

  • Portland Blast Furnace slag cement (PBFSC)
  • Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement
  • Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
  • Rapid Hardening Portland Cement
  • Portland Pozolona Cement (PPC)
  • Oil Well Cement
  • White cement


Post a Comment

0 Comments